Tuesday, November 18, 2008

IT'S RUBY TUESDAY!

Hey Pals,


It's me Ruby & boy am I glad I'm not living outdoors anymore. It has been getting very cold here in Iowa. It sure is nice & toasty taking naps in the sunroom window.



My poor wild outdoor buddy Scuby still shows up daily for food. He is finally getting tame around Mama, Butchy & Snickers. Mama is hoping to get him tame enough to take him up to the Waverly Pet Rescue so that they can find him a furever home. Mama hates to see Scuby outdoors for the winter. He is pretty small like I am.

Today I decided I need some new skills. You know, like Snickers. She is now a nurse & gets to help Dr. Snitchybug out with surgeries. She also gets to go visit her pals when they are sick or recovering from surgeries to nurse them back to good health.

So....................I decided to learn how to sew so that I can help out Mama when she makes the pet beds.

First I learned all about the NU-Foam that she uses in the pet beds.


I even hopped inside of the box to check the foam out first paw, tee hee. I also napped on it to test out the cushiness.

Next I had to learn about the fabrics & how to inspect the cut pieces.


Hmmmm, then I decided I better test out the softness of the foam again....


Ahhhhhhhhh, soft enough to nap on............


This is Sleepy Sewing Ruby signing off.

Purrs & Licks,
Ruby

18 comments:

The FOUR Musketeers said...

you really look sleepy Ruby ! BOL ! or should I say MOL ? haha

georgie,gordy and pesto said...

Ruby, thanks for the sewing help. We just got the two dog bed covers for the poodles and the beeyootiful and comfy cat bed for Pesto. So cozy and also pretty! We know you helped with the fabric suggestions.

The Animal Doctor said...

hihi, ruby you're not suppawsed to sleep on the job!

love trudis :)

Asta said...

Ruby
I'm awfully glad you and Sylvestew awe nice and cozy inside..I hope scooby gets as lucky too.
I can tell you'we a gweat help to youw Mama testing out softness is vewy impowtant..the wind is howling hewe too
stay wawm
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Simba said...

I love that last photo of you sleeping. That is so cute.

Simba x

Bae Bae said...

Hey Ruby ... I think you're doing a pawsome job checking all the comfyness. ;)
Have a nice rest

~ Bae

Maggie and Mitch said...

One day you'll be a master sewer just like your mom is, Ruby!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anne said...

Oops... Someone is sleeping on the job!!!

Luv
Snowball

Gus said...

Ruby: We are so glad you decided to make a career of helping Mama with the sewing stuff. She does a great job, but we were hoping she would getsome help, particularly with softness testing.

Good Job

Gussie

Lady Kaos said...

That last picture makes me sleepy! That's so cool you're learning to help make the beds. I bed the beds made out of that stuff your inspecting will be the best cat beds ever!
Kaos

Clover said...

Hi Ruby!
You must be a pawesome sewing helper!
Love Clover xo

El said...

rubi looks cool in all pictures...

Check out my blog, i rescue a homeless kitten last few nights


http://el.freakzter.com/2008/11/rescue-homeless-kitten-bunga/

Aniemother said...

Well done, Ruby! I'm glad I'm not outside either.. it's freezing and I still haven't gotten my furs.

Purrs,
Virus

JB's Big World said...

Hi Ruby, you look just a tad bit spoiled with all those great napping spots! Hope you are keeping warm!
--JB

Joe Stains said...

Bed Tester sounds like an even better job than sewing!! Why didn't I think of that?!

Amber-Mae said...

Ruby, you sure are lucky & so is Sylvester! If your hoomans didn't adopt you both, you two might turn into kitty popsicles! Hee!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

good pics ruby

-----------------------------------

dogsdeservefreedom

Penny, Poppy & Patches said...

That's really nice that you get to help Dr. Snitchybug! We hope Scuby gets a new home soon, too! We hope he doesn't have to spend the winter outside while you and Sylvester get to be all warm and cozy inside the house! Hey, maybe he could just move in with you too. What's one more kitty kat? Oh, yeah, then the doggies would be outnumbered. Can't have that!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches